Wednesday 22 September 2010

Red Nut Spread

Surprisingly I'm yet to suffer a nervous breakdown. Cooking is helping to keep me a bit sane.

This can be a dip, spread, vegan pâté....
Keeps refrigerated for up to 3 days.



Red Nut Spread
makes approx 2 cups

50g walnuts, soaked in water overnight
50g sundried tomatoes in oil (or soaked for 1 hour), drained
100g pine nuts
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 tbsp dried thyme
1/2 tbsp dried chives
3 tsbp/60ml olive oil
3 tbsp/60ml lemon juice

Place walnuts, pine nuts, tomatoes in a processor.
Purée until a rough paste forms.
Add herbs, oil, lemon juice.
Purée until combined.
Season with salt & pepper.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate until needed.

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm doing a brunch in a few weeks, this'll be perfect for an accompaniment to the bread!

    Stay sane, please. Denmark will need your saneness when it lets you back in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. please don't have a breakdown! ;_;

    hope you are doing well out there. i could understand if you don't want to come back to denmark. anyway, this looks like a really good pate! i'll have to try it but only after i finish all the other spreads i made. so far i only have an olive tapenade and apple-raisin chutney to get through. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you're back, and keeping sane! What can we do but move forward, eh? I only just found your blog when you posted the Hiatus, but loved sifting through your older entries...

    Anyway. Just wanted to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good, thank you! Hope you are staying sane in beautiful Pewsey, can't believe you are there, you are just up the road from my mum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello wildsleep. I'm glad that you've been enjoying my blog. I'm quite enjoying yours too!

    Emma - Really? Small world! This is my third time in Pewsey. Our friends are born and bred around here. I'm going to miss the health food shops in Devizes when we go back. I've been stocking up on such seemingly boring foodstuffs to take back... water crackers, ginger beer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a nice collection of recipes.

    Hope you manage to get back to horrible DK, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very small world indeed! Devizes is lovely and I love Marlborough up the road! Ginger beer - you will have to try making your own when you come back! I remember my mum trying to make it. She would put it in the airing cupboard to brew where it was warm, but after a few bottle explosions she didn't make it again...

    ReplyDelete