Wednesday 7 April 2010

Soy & Cayenne Toasted Sunflower Seeds

For various reasons my mother and I had to make tablecloths for my wedding reception this Saturday. To keep us going through the many hours of cutting, hemming and ironing we've been creating snack foods.. and these are the best.



Soy & Cayenne Toasted Sunflower Seeds
Makes 1 cup/200g

1 cup/200g sunflower seeds
3 tbsp/60ml soy sauce
1/2 t ground cayenne pepper

In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce & cayenne.
In a large dry non-stick fry pan,
Toast sunflower seeds for 5-10 mins
or until they start to turn golden brown.
Add soy sauce & cayenne.
Stir quickly to coat all seeds.
Keep stirring until all seeds are coated,
and there is no liquid left.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delish! Congrats on your big day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    We're still working on the tablecloths, and my dress also needs some alterations.. have considered going in my birthday suit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy^^ I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete